Friday, May 25, 2007

The Power of Suggestion?

We've been having a lot of cell phone drama this week. On Monday I got a free upgrade on my cell phone because we were renewing the contract. I'm keeping my old one as a backup incase anything happens to the new one. Zach's phone is from the college and a different plan so I started thinking that might be cool to give him my old one and he could be on my plan instead. Before I was even able to go pick up the new cell phone though, Jacob tossed Zach's into the baby pool. Yup. Just like that. Now Zach just got this one as a replacement from the college not too long ago because his original one was ruined due to water damage also. I laughed about how it was perfect timing because now we have backup. A day sooner and it would have really sucked. Things just always seem to even out that way. We quickly set to taking the phone apart and let it dry out that way, and by the next day it was as good as new.

Before we even knew if Zach's phone was going to be ok, I guess I dropped mine in the yard and didn't notice. I drop things all the time, but I always pick them back up. I don't know how I missed the fact that it fell. In the morning Zach found my brand-new phone on the edge of the driveway, all covered with dew. I had a partial panic attack before I tested it and realized it was fine.

The very next day Andy was at our house and Zach told him about the near-miss with the phone. Well later on I guess Andy was over at someone else's house opening their pool, and bam, his phone fell into the pool. His phone, however, did not survive.

Then just last night I e-mailed a friend to ask her to give me her number because we haven't talked in a long time and I wanted to make sure I had a current number for her. Today I see a mass e-mail from her stating that she dropped her phone, it broke and she in unable to retrieve any of the contact information, could everyone please send her their numbers.

That all sounds a little too ironic...but we've been lucking out, could it be that we just have good phone karma?

1 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger VW said...

The funny coincidences of life - I'll be holding on to my cell a bit more carefully from now on.

A friend's daughter - aged about 2ish - dropped their cordless land-phone in the toilet. It did not survive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines