Friday, January 01, 2010

The Annual Thanksgiving Picture

Each year for Thanksgiving we go to Zach's Dad's house. And each year we take a photo of the four men, three sets of fathers and sons: Jacob, Zach, Zach's father, and Zach's grandfather. We've just got a new computer and I don't have all my photos on the new one, so I've pulled these from my flickr page. I guess I don't have the first couple years on flickr, but I do have them somewhere. I think it's pretty cool to see all of them, in the same spot year after year.

A few things are clear from these photos. The most obvious thing being that having kids has clearly kicked the shit out of Zach and me. We look at pictures from just a few years ago and it looks like we're ten years younger in them. Also, one can see that seriousness does not run in the family. Each year it's a little harder to get Jacob to behave for the picture, to just stand there for 30 seconds and act normal. This year I thought he was tall enough to finally stand for the photo, but you'll see below how well that worked out. The jokester quality is also observed in 'Pop', Zach's dad. Every year there's a photo with him grabbing at Jacob, trying to mess him up.

Anyway, Happy New Year. This is one of the aforementioned posts I said I'd get to before the end of the year. Did not happen, unless, do you think it's still 2009 somewhere in the world?

2005

2006

2007

2008

2009

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Jeff Foley said...

That's awesome to see, Stacey! I'm sure these pictures will be treasured by your family for years to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines