Sunday, October 03, 2010

Thirty

So I turned 30 yesterday.  Yikes.  If you'll notice, I changed just a few small things on the front page of my blog, including the brief description under the blog title.  When I started this blog I was still sort of a young mom; 23 is young these days in terms of having kids.  But now most of my old school friends are having kids and so 30 is not really such a young age to have kids.  I'm still a mom of young kids, but not so much new at it anymore.

Also, maybe some of you noticed that I stopped posting my daily pictures a couple weeks back?  Or most likely no one really noticed.  I didn't mean to stop so abruptly like that, I meant to make it official and sort of announce it, but one day I got caught up deciding which picture to post and I never got around to narrowing it down to one.  Then I realized that summer was actually over (that was the original challenge - one photo per day all summer long) so I was off the hook.

I really enjoyed putting myself to the test of posting every day like that, and I plan to continue - just needed a little break.  As I was explaining to someone the other day, though, the challenge for me was not in coming up with a photo to post every single day, the hard part for me was narrowing it down to just one picture.  In that way I think I've really condensed our experience of living through this summer and revisiting that time period by going back to old posts will be a much more easier thing to do.  I feel like I've boxed up our memories, the things that were most important, and I'm so happy for having done so.

So I will continue with my project for the fall of 2010.  I wanted to start fresh on the first day of October, but I was too occupied with becoming old turning 30 and whatnot.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines