Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Update on the chewing front...

Well the dogs must have been for quite a long walk with Zach this morning because they pretty much stayed curled up on their couch all day. Maybe it was the rain...

I'm happy to report that when Jacob and I got home this afternoon nothing was chewed. But it didn't stay that way for long. Under my watch she chewed 2 nice black & white postcards I was going to use soon (sorry Jenn). See, this was a silent form of destruction, postcard paper doesn't make a lot of noise while being chewed.

The way she got to the postcards is like a slap the face because she used the couch that we recently gifted them to get to the credenza that runs the length of the wall in the dining room. I tiredly put the shredded postcard back, but never thought to move the couch away from the credenza.

Later, when I was upstairs laying with a slow-to-wake 3 year-old, I heard a suspicious noise below. My instinct told me to get up and remove whatever it was from the grips of Mango's jaw, but the bed was cozy and Jacob was all snuggled in my arms and I just couldn't risk losing that spot in the bed to save the then unknown object.

Coming downstairs a little while after, I saw the evidence right in plain sight on the carpet. The floors are all hardwood, and we just have a small area rug in one spot. And right there in the middle is where she always leaves the product of her destruction. She didn't wreck the headphones, she just bit off the foam ear pieces and as far as I can tell, ate them. So I put them back, again not moving the couch. And then Zach came home. All which is good and holy in Mango's eyes. I don't know how it happened with us all right nearby, but she went back for the headphones and this time proceeded to tear the living daylights out of those suckers. This is how I know she's showing off, she's trying to earn her dominant place in the family. Well two can play that game...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines