Tuesday, August 21, 2007

57 Hours...

...Is the amount of time I figure I spent away from the internet. Woohoo! I didn't even miss it. We were up at camp again for the weekend and although I did have my laptop with my, I only brought it to upload pictures, of which I did only once. Then when we got back last night, I did use the internet, but only to do one thing, and that was to upload the pictures to flickr. I didn't even check my e-mail. I didn't even want to. I think I'm getting better with the self-discipline.

Speaking of which, this is what self-discipline, along with 2.5mg of melatonin and a lavender massage get you:
Since we (I am taking it too) started the melatonin (last Thursday), Jacob has had a bedtime screaming fit one time, woke up screaming in pain only one time, and has now willingly gone to bed at a decent hour two nights in a row! Again, this is the part where I won't start talking about how good this feels, how it's almost like we're finally 'getting' this bedtime parenting thing. This is all good news, however, I have bad news for my mom: It was so kind of you to carry in the waterproof mattress cover and the sheets when they were done drying on the clothes line the other day, and then go on to make the bed all up for us while you were here taking care of the bunnies, but you wasted your time. Jacob soaked through his diapers again last night. The same mattress cover and sheets are in the washer right now.

Oh, and since we have the waterproof cover now, instead of the pee spreading downward into the mattress, it spreads outward, filling the cover itself with pee. And since I am there next to Jacob, the spreading pee eventually reaches me. I only realize this when Jacob wakes up at 3am saying, "I wet through!" and I wake to find that not only are his clothes soaked with pee, but so are mine. It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

Later: What we did in the 57 hours and pictures of the 57 hours...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines