Tuesday, August 07, 2007

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

Yup. That's our bed. It's a waterbed which came from Zach's grandmother's house when she moved into a nursing home, as did most of our other furniture. That was about five years ago and it was probably 25 years old at that time. I noticed the bed was a little wet yesterday (in a way that's different from when Jacob wets it - which still happens two-three times a week, incase you were wondering). Then when I noticed it a lot more wet today, it hit me that it was leaking. As you can see it's a waterbed, with tubes of water in it. I guess it's time for a new bed. And we were just starting to brace ourselves for the impending cost of the new washer and dryer we're going to need, as they too came from Ma Betty's.

So we're downstairs on the couch, with Jacob's little bed on the floor next to it. Our new sleeping arrangements. I just took a picture but uploading it and posting it now is out of the question because guess what....I've got to get up early to go take care of some 'special needs' doggies. These are the dogs I was pet-sitting for back in June, which I never got to write about. They are Dachshunds, both 17 years old, one paralyzed, the other blind. The little one scoots across the floor to get places, and the other one walks just fine, only into walls and stuff.

Anyway, it's a good gig. I make three visits a day and Jacob comes with me half the time. He loves it. So this is right up my alley. I went ahead and e-mailed the moms' group I'm in to tell them to spread the word that I'm 'informally' pet-sitting. It's something I've done since I was a teenager, but never seeked out jobs. If I'm going to be homeschooling Jacob though, I've got to come up with some creative ways to contribute financially and I think this is a pretty good start.

Check back later for the cute picture of Jacob and Zach sleeping!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The disabled dachshunds sound so cute! I had a dachshund who lived to be 19. Pet sitting sounds like a great idea. I do read and enjoy your blog and have been meaning to email you, but I'm hopelessly behind on emails.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines