Friday, August 01, 2008

Next Up:

The deck project.

He's been saying for a long time that it would happen. And now it is. Pictures below show the progress after day 1. The kids and I are going back up to Camp on Sunday or Monday with my mom. I haven't specifically asked because I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but we'll be gone for at least five days so I'm wondering if Zach is planning to work on the project and surprise us with a completed deck when we get back? That would be super fantastic, Sweetie!

So I'm not going to ask, and I hope Zach doesn't make any promises. I will just pretend that nothing is happening on the deck while we're away so that I don't have any expectations. That way I can't be disappointed, only happy when I see what progress has been made. And at least I won't have had to be around for the stress and aggravation of whatever progress he does make on the deck.

Showing his assistant the deck plans.

First they marked off the area, then dug the holes.

I didn't get home to take pictures until they were
already pouring the cement.

Checking on the thickness of Jacob's mix.

Jacob helps to fill in the holes.

Finishing up the last one. Now they have to let
it set. Jacob looks like he's had a long day. He was
pretty wiped later on!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines