Thursday, July 24, 2008

Olympic Fever

Or: The blog in which I use the word 'Olympics' an annoying nine times.

Since we don't have cable at our house we recently had to get one of those fancy little boxes that converts your analog TV into digital - or maybe that's not it, I'm not sure. Either way it's an old TV and not digital-friendly so we needed the box. It's hooked up and don't you know we get all these other channels now. One of the channels is The Olympics Channel. That's not at all what it's really called but it's what I'm coining it and I'm giving it capital letters because it is That Important.

Basically it is the Olympics 24 hours a day. Not the real Olympics yet, but all the trials and world championships. It's really helping to build up the Olympics in our minds because we can really prepare and already be aware of the many different athletes to look out for so that our 2008 Olympic experience with be that much more enhanced.

Zach and I love the Olympics. We are both jocks at heart and get completely fired up to accomplish great athletic feats every time the Olympics roll around. I have to say, even though I was a figure skater in the past, I think I prefer the summer Olympics over the winter.

This year we are particularly jazzed to share the two weeks of sports greatness with Jacob. I'm stoked to watch the gymnastics with him. Paul Hamm is going to be his new idol (I hope) - bye bye Bob the Builder. Not really, maybe we'll just hear about Bob going to the Olympics and Spud in China for a few months afterwards.

Anyway, it's just really cool to be able to have a plethora of sports viewing round the clock right now...it's the only TV I've watched since the baby was born, you know, besides kid videos. The music they set the commercials to is really pumping me up for 8-8-08!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines