Friday, January 29, 2010

The Portraits

Back in November (or maybe it was December - I can't even remember, but I do know that Jeff got us the pictures REAL fast) we got our portraits taken by Zach's friend, Jeff. It had been a few years since we even had portraits taken, but Zach re-did Jeff's basement last year and turned it into a swanky photo studio. Zach had always wanted to take me there to see his work so we had some photos taken while we were there.

We hadn't planned to get so many prints, but they all came out so good that we couldn't pass them up! And again, we're not the kind of people to cover our walls with pictures of ourselves, but this'll probably be the last time for a while that we get official portraits done.

I was a little hesitant to post pictures of the photos in their frames because I'm intimidated by Jeff's superior photography and professionalism and I didn't want him to see the kitschy Target frames that some of the photos ended up in. But it's Sabine and she's so friggin cute that there's a good chance one won't even notice the heart bubbles and pastel lines.

Here are the only frames I originally intended to use - Pottery Barn. I knew exactly what I wanted in them and how I wanted the photos arranged so they'd balance, but Zach had a problem with the way I had one frame going vertical and the other horizontal. Somehow I don't think Jeff would disapprove so I convinced Zach. But there was one detail that neither Zach nor I could get over: The background in Jacob's photo is black and it throws off the balance. We had no choice to leave it though because we didn't notice that detail until we had the prints in hand and next to each other.

These last photos are awesome! Well, the family shot isn't really awesome, but I actually like the way I look in it! So we got a print. The one of the kids smooching is the best! I have to take credit for that one though, I've been training them to kiss for the camera.

And there you have the partial reason why we don't really get portraits done - it's just not worth the obsessing about every little detail I can't help but put into the process. But seriously, if you're in the market for portraits, or a wedding photographer, or a nice on-site photo shoot, or whatever, I'll send you Jeff's info and website.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Jeff Foley said...

Aw, thanks for posting this! The pics (and the frames) look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines