Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 37: High School, the 2nd Generation

A few weeks ago I had a playgroup here for some of my high school friends and their kids. I've gotten together with high school friends since we graduated, and I've spent time with high school friends' children since they've been in existence, but this was the first time this number of us had been in one place with all of our kids at the same time. Not to mention the fact that one of the moms present was my old best friend whom I hadn't even spoken to in 10 years.

There were five of us moms/former classmates, and eight kids between us. The extra two are my niece, Marisa, and Stella's granddaughter. It was a little mind-blowing. We kept throwing around phrases like, "How the heck did this happen?!" and, "How did we even have enough time to produce all these children?" and, "Look what we did." I like that last one the best, it was sort of a proud statement and it was so different for me than it is with any of my other mom friends. These are the girls who knew me before I had kids. Actually, Jacob is the age right now that I was when I met the first of these moms....weird.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines