Thursday, November 16, 2006

Battle of The Monkey House

Could it just be that she's a puppy and I am simply anthropomorphizing her behavior? I just don't know. But I do know that Zach called me at lunch time, he was home, I was not. From the tone of his first word I knew what he was calling about. "What did she chew?" I asked before he even had a chance to finish his first sentence.

I'm sorry, I don't know if you guys are getting sick of hearing about the puppy, but I've got to get this stuff down somewhere so when it is all over I can take an inventory and have a good laugh about it. For that matter, I don't know if 'you guys' even exist because no one is leaving me comments...


Let me give you a little background about the item of the day. I belong to bookcrossing: It's an online thing for book lovers, and part of it involves the trading of books, and something called bookrings. A bookring starts with the owner of the book who lets it be known that they are starting said bookring and then other members can sign up to be in a bookring (if there are any bookcrossers reading this I hope I'm explaining it ok). So this particular bookring started a year ago (which is when I signed up) and the little book, Kurt Vonnegut's Welcome to the Monkey House, has been traveling all around the world for that long. So someone in Portugal sent it to me. It arrived on Tuesday. 2 days in my house and it's confetti.

That's the gist of the story. I left it on one of the 'safe' spots in the house. I guess it was such a good looking eat that Mango was motivated enough to find a way to the top of the table. The table is now being added to the list of hot spots. I have to go find homes for all of the items left on this table, and then head over to bookcrossing to confess. Of course I will replace the book.

Tally
Mango: Score 1
Me: -$10 for a new book

http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/xmas

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That book was purchased by me in a used bookstore in Rochester, NY a few years ago. It's sort of cool to get notice on where it's been and where it ended up. Thanks for the closure. :)

- Jeremiah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines