Sunday, May 06, 2007

Here's the kicker:

After I got Jacob bathed this morning, we went into the bedroom to get him dressed. I pulled up the sheets to look for his t-shirt and there, in the middle of the bed, was a big, wet spot. Pee. Do you realize last night we finally put the sheets back on the bed? All week without them. I triple-folded a towel and put it under Jacob. All night long I made sure it was still under him. Two diapers, remember. Two diapers, triple-folded towel - and he still leaked through!

This is the biggest contributing factor to my feeling as if I've been hit by a bus. To have the opression coming at you from home base is one thing, but to have the universe spit in your face like that, it's just the icing on the cake.

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

You don't know me as I am a relatively new reader, but I just wanted to say: Sweetie, I am so sorry you are going through this. Your writing is heartbreakinly eloquent, and I just feel so sad for both you and Jacob. I also understand the conflicting emotions, the love vs. the resentment. I get it too... though not as profoundly. And mainly it has to do with my work vs. my 3 1/2 year old. Something as fundamental as sleep... well, I think I'd be about where you are.

Again, I'm so sorry. I hope you soon find a solution - and a big hug for all you have gone through. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines