Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Monday, Monday


I'm glad we ended up not going away this weekend because Jacob got to do a lot of different things by staying home. Saturday and Sunday were kind of slow with Zach painting at his Dad's all weekend, but on Monday we went down there with him for part of the time. Before that though, we went to the park to say goodbye to one of our 'couple' friends. By 'we' I mean me and Jacob, and by 'couple' I mean another mother and son. They're moving several states away...one more person to say goodbye to.
We'll miss you guys!

After the park (which we had beautiful weather for), Jacob and I headed back towards home and met up with my mom to go see a local parade. It was nice, it was a parade. Exciting for Jacob...what can I say? The one stand-out part of it was that we got candy thrown at us. I haven't been to a parade in quite a few years, so I don't know how long it's been like this, or if it was just our town. Pretty much every person marching in the parade who wasn't holding an instrument or otherwise engaged with their hands, had a bucket of candy and they were tossing it to the crowds. We were in a shady spot off to the side so there weren't really any other spectators nearby and the people just kept throwing handfuls of candy.

This is the only picture I have from the parade because my camera battery is so good that I don't have to charge it enough that it becomes a regular thing, so I totally forget to even check the charge on it. It died just as my mom was taking a picture of Jacob sitting on my lap shaking Uncle Sam's hand, with all of us smiling at the camera. Damn.

As if that wasn't enough for one day, Jacob and I headed an hour south the visit Chris and Pop. Jacob got to do the two most exciting things: Ride a horse, and ride on the tractor with Pop.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines