Thursday, July 12, 2007

Still In Wyoming!

We can't get out of this state, it never ends! We were supposed to end up in Fort Collins, CO yesterday but the damn road just kept going. We were going to stay at a plain ole campground with no amenities or wireless, but there was just no making it there. We settled in at a campground in Laramie, WY and when we pulled in to the parking lot a big fat window popped up informing me I was connected to the internet and had an "excellent" signal! So there was no reason why Zach should need to inquire about it at check-in. But hey, when we call and say, "Do you have wireless?" that sort of implies that are planning to use it. So maybe you think they could say, "Yes, but you have to have an internet card with a user ID and password." Or maybe when you check in they could tell you? No, they leave it to you to try to log on yourself five minutes after the office has closed, only to find out that you can't get on and the little window that you had seen an hour earlier was merely referring to the big fat KOA web page that came up informing you of the need for a password.

No, I'm not mad. I was. I was pissed all night because this was the day we were going to leave a campsite real early to make up for lost time. There wasn't going to be time to wait for the office to open in the morning and get the password. I sat up real late punching in random codes, just hoping for a bit of luck. I had to be up anyway because Jacob was still awake. He's been staying awake real late, past midnight at least. I'm thinking as we pass back into different time zones we can use this to our advantage. If we could just keep him on this schedule, then by the time we get home we'll have him going to bed at the decent hour of 10pm!

Oh no, Zach just corrected me. It's going to be a DISadvantage. We are screwed. Pray for us.

Anyway, when I went in to the office at the crack of dawn this morning the woman handed me a neat little card and said, "Didn't you get one at check-in?" She told me they're just supposed to give it to you. Thanks. The one party they decide to forget to give the card to happens to be us, the most highly internet addicted family in all of the state of Wyoming. I'm pretty sure about that too because while I was wandering around aimlessly late last night, I saw a few people and asked each of them if they happened to know the user name, etc for the wireless. They all looked at me as if to say, "Why on the God's green Earth would I need the internet?" Then I got real desperate and saw a man who looked like he had just come out of the office. I thought maybe he had just closed up or something (because this was still just about 10:15). When I asked him if he worked here, he started signing and pointing to his ears. So I started signing back. I was so delusional that I actually still thought he might work in he office. With the sunlight upon me, and reality kicking in, I now realize that he was probably just making it up that he was deaf because I freaked him out, and maybe the reason he couldn't understand my ASL was not a dialect difference, but that he was lying to get me to go away. Either way, poor, deaf man for having bumped into me!

Well, later on will be Boulder and such, then the next day further south to visit a friend in Colorado Springs. I'm tired, Zach's tired, Jacob is tired but that's good because it means he'll take another long nap in his carseat. I wish we could just stay in one place for more than 12 hours.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines