Sunday, July 15, 2007

Where we're at...

So we woke up and fed the horses, evidenced by the many pictures on flickr. We must have stayed an hour past checkout before leaving. If we tried to pull that off at the place we're staying now, we'd be charged a hefty fee. We'll also be charged if my friend Jenn, who lives here in Colorado, visits with us for too long. Hold on, let me consult the thick booklet of rules we got upon check-in. We're definitely going to be arrested if they catch us emptying the gray and black water into the sewer because we DON'T HAVE A SEWER SEAL. So Zach and I snuck out in between the rounds (we had a ten minute window here) last night and I kept watch while he emptied the waste into the ground pipes. I felt exhilarated that we were breaking the rules! I've been trying to get Jenn to break as many rules as possible just to stick it to 'em. Get this, she ate dinner here last night! Even though she paid for it, this is still against the rules. And oh man did I want her to go in that special 'for guests only' heated pool. Would have been a bonus if I could have talked her into peeing in it!

They say pets are allowed, but as far as I can tell, there isn't really anywhere you are actually allowed to have your pets except in your camper and within 8 feet of your camper. Our neighbors over there are breaking the rules because they have an outdoor pen set up for their dog. Speaking of breaking rules, there are all these hoodlums running wild all the place - get this, there are children under 18 EVERYWHERE running amok without their parents' constant supervision. And they are DEFINITELY riding their faster than 5mph. Gonna get fined...That little girl over there is just asking for it because she left her bike partially on the sidewalk. Too bad we lugged our grill all over the United States because we can't use it here. If you're lucky enough to be in a site with an attached grill then you can use it, but not your own. If you don't have a grill then you have to eat the food that they serve, a different meal each night. When I asked if they have anything vegetarian they looked at me like I'd come from Mars. C'mon, this is Colorado for God's sake!

Anyway, we've had a busy couple of days. We drove to Colorado and stayed in a really nice park in Fort Collins. The flora and fauna were spectacular. I took about a million pictures. Actually, I think I'm up to over 1200 now. We had a couple different visits with friends, first in Aurora, and now in Colorado Springs, which I'll write all about later. We've been loving Colorado. If any of the places we've been to could be considered a main destination, this was it. We ended up staying at this campground for 2 nights. That's the first time we've stayed in one place for more than one night. I'm not really a big fan of the snobby, competitive atmosphere around here. Suddenly Big Timber, with its rusty nails and all, is looking a lot more up my alley than Garden of the 'Almighty' Gods.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines