Friday, August 24, 2007

The Irony of My Statement ~ The Biggest Spider in the History of God

I was just reading over what I wrote the other day...and something in the second-to-last paragraph jumped out at me. I was bitching about the over-consumption of Americans, specifically referring to a bumper sticker I saw making a powerful declaration on that subject, and then I went on to say that I wanted to 'get something' with that quote on it. Maybe it's just me, but I find that incredibly ironic. I couldn't even omit my desire for material possessions in a paragraph where I was complaining about the exact thing. And I didn't even realize it...that's how inherent it is in our culture - the American Dream, the desire for more stuff - there's practically no aspect of life where you can eliminate the consumption of resources.

New Topic: Today was one of those awful, awful days where every move you make just beats you further into the ground; the kind of day where eight consecutive red lights in traffic on the way to the house of one of your favorite people becomes the ultimate slap in the face which throws you off your already teetering rocker into a heaping mess of tears and all you can do is thank God that you have finally had enough life experience to at least know It Will Not Be Like This Forever, that someone will come along or something small will happen in just the right way, at just the right time to tilt your universe back to its proper axis, even if you don't know how the hell it got so bad to begin with.

I don't need to get into the details, but via photo diary I will recount the only part of my day I am willing to relive (although it was painful enough the first time).

Freaky...

Catch and release

Staying put, hovering over New Mexico

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever found a spider like that in my house you would have to visit me in an asylum. That is freaking Horrifying! Tell me that it's a freak of nature that you even found that here in this state.

Kori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines