Wednesday, August 13, 2008

what a day for a daydream...

I'm sitting here at the computer, listening to the hum of Sabine's swing and feeling guilty that she's in it and not my arms, but sometimes it's the only way I can get her to sleep. I'm trying to tune out Jacob's constant, senseless rambling. Despite the fact that I keep telling him I can't answer anymore questions or listen to anymore stories because I've got to get my 'computer work' done, he's a constant motor-mouth.

I'm daydreaming and thinking wouldn't it be great if kids came with a mute button? I let my mind wander and tell myself if anyone ever asks me what one baby product I would invent if I could, I would have an answer. I would make a mute button for parents to use. Then I think it might be just as distracting to see a fumbling, insane, mute child running around your ankles. So maybe they should come with a freeze button too. I mean, nothing that would freeze them for long because that would be unfair. It would have a ten minute a day maximum or something, and maybe once a month you could have an hour-at-time bonus just for sanity's sake. Otherwise why have a kid if you're just going to hit the freeze button all the time? Just go to the store and bring home a tiny department store mannequin and call it a kid.

If they're going to be frozen then it's almost like you've stopped time, and since no mother has enough time in the day, why not just make it a 'freeze time' button? But maybe you'd like the option of picking which you want for different situations. That's starting to be a lot of buttons...maybe I should just design it like a little remote control....

I wonder what I could come up with for husbands...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines