Saturday, April 04, 2009

It's a little like this...

We're here. We made it. Barely. What 9 month old baby stays awake in the car for 4 hours before finally falling asleep? Huh? But the point is that we're here and I've now been introduced to young Abraham, though not formally because I've yet to see him awake. There will be plenty of time for that tomorrow.

One of the first things Danielle asked me about, in between all my rambling on, was if I'd read this article she'd forwarded me. I had not yet read it, but once I got my family settled into bed (and just after I made Zach go out to the van, in the rain, for the laptop) I got onto the computer and read the article. I didn't make it halfway through before I started weeping.

So I said before that I have this unexplainable desire to donate breastmilk, I can't put into words why I feel that desire, but I can say that I got chills from reading that article and I want to be a part of something like that.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger emmay said...

Here's another one for you. this one broke my heart.
http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazine/200903_omag_milk_bank

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger xmas said...

Thanks for the link. I read it through the other night. Very sad story...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines