Wednesday, April 01, 2009

When you say something stupid...

chances are it's going to end up on my blog.

Zach's home early today. He wants to do some yard work. I'm just happy there's another human being in the house who can hold the baby because her constant crying about not being in my arms all day long is really getting to me. I'm taking the opportunity to get some stuff done. Zach is mumbling about not being able to go out and do yard work.

"Oh, why? Is it because of the rain?"

"No. It's because I'm holding Sabine."

"So put her in the pack and go rake the yard."

"I'm not doing that. I'm not raking the yard with her in the pack."

"Why not?"

"Because what am I gonna do, rake a few leaves around in a circle?"

"Yeah. Exactly. But at least you'll be getting something done."

"No, I'm not gonna do that."

"I really resent that. I feel insulted that I'm expected to make-do, to figure out how to get all the things done that I have to do in a day while I'm holding the baby. And that you're not. As if my work isn't important enough to expect for it to be prioritized, but yours is."

"Oh you've just got that motherhood chip on your shoulder just like all the other mothers."


And then I murdered him.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger emmay said...

Oh, we have had that same argument in my house too many times for me to count. Specifically about yard work, too.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Technically, you could probably get off with aggravated manslaughter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines