Saturday, August 07, 2010

Day 48: Proof that wasps are not vegetarian


On Marisa's birthday earlier this week, she and my sister stayed late and had supper here. Since we're a non-meat-eating household, my sister had gotten a little chicken (whose parts I couldn't even stand to look at) for the omnivore crowd. We ate outside, as do the wasps. Long after Marisa had given up on her meal, this little guy kept coming back for more. He'd sit there and nibble for a minute, and then fly off with the piece of chicken. I don't know where he'd go with it, but he (or she) - or someone that looked identical (I don't know, do wasps do the waggle dance too, or is that just honey bees) kept coming back for more. Must have been some chicken.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines