Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 39: Hanging the wash out to dry


Last week I walked out onto the deck for something and was struck by what I saw. It's a bunch of doll clothes and tiny baby clothes that Jacob uses for various members of his gang. I did not put those things there, which can only mean on thing: Jacob did. Sometimes I get so mad at him and so upset when it seems like he's no longer a sweet little boy. How I needed reminding on this day that he's just a sensitive kid and is just as likely to be hand-washing doll clothes in the sink as he is to be getting into something he shouldn't be.

It's all a matter of my own perception. I have to remember that Jacob's motives might not always seem to be good ones, but more often than not, they're going to lead to a scene like this. The times when I freak out on him, I'm just not seeing things clearly - his motives are the same, I just don't like the end result those other times.

In the mix here are some of my Cabbage Patch Doll clothes from when I was a kid, a newborn Yankee shirt that Pilchard likes to wear, scratch mittens, newborn bibs, Bunnies By The Bay bunny slippers that both my kids wore, and the teeny, tiny knit cap that Jacob's sister came home from the hospital in.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines