Thursday, August 12, 2010

day 53: This Little Piggy Got a Fracture

Zach's been doing This Little Piggy with Sabine a lot lately. It's cute, he has his own little twist on it, appropriate to our family, one of the piggies has a veggie burger instead of roast beef. Two nights ago Sabine was laying on Zach in bed with her feet up by his face and he was running through all the piggies and it's one of the cutest things to see. So the next day when Sabine was 'nursing' Baby Honey (see Day 50) I looked over to see she was also humming (because she doesn't talk yet) the tune of the piggy ditty while pinching Baby Honey's little tootsies.

I thought it was the cutest thing I have ever seen and that I might die of heart palpitations, and so I was rushing to get downstairs to grab a phone when I, ironically, injured my little piggy. I had to climb over the baby gate at the top of the stairs, which is not a problem, but since I had just cleaned the upstairs bathroom the day prior with a fine tooth comb (actually, it was q-tips) the hamper was still in the hallway and as my foot came down from it's arch over the baby gate, it slammed into the hamper.

I sat there on that top step yelping and whatnot for a good five minutes, and then got up and hobbled off to call Zach. I assumed it was like all the other time and I just had to buck up, but as the day went on my foot got more and more painful and kept turning a deeper shade of purple. Everyone agrees that means it's broken, but that there's really nothing you can do about it. Which is better really, because I don't have the time to make another appointment!

Anyway, the picture really doesn't do it justice, and I swear I'm not trying to be over dramatic, the only reason I put an arrow on my toe is because I couldn't get the damn camera to auto-focus on my toe so I think it needed a precise point upon which to focus. Today it is much darker and spread out, and it's the under side of my foot that is really gross looking.

And that is just one of the many job hazards of being a mother.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines