Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 64: Tent Camping


Our first stop on our trip was Dutch Wonderland, in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We first went there last year, and we loved it. So this year when we found out we had an opportunity to go to Cape May, I got my heart set on going back to Dutch Wonderland on the way. We decided to stay at nearby campsite. The tent was actually my very first tent camping experience, save for our back yard. It was less than stellar. It's not that I'm not an outdoorsy kind of person, because I totally am. It's just that I enjoy a 'controlled' environment, and I don't like to be dirty. Dirt is ok, musty, moldy smells make my skin crawl.

Anyway, the whole thing would have been 100% better if we'd gotten there in the light, except we don't travel quickly. The kids travel really well, and without DVD's, we just make a lot of stops. That and the fact that we left 2 hours later than planned, which is actually really good for us. Well, so the best part of the tent camping was waking up to this sight. And I love the Snoopies in the background. Jacob recently acquired that second one, the first one is called Smitty, so I have named the other Bad Smitty (as in his evil twin). Jacob prefers to call him Bitty. I say that's perfect, it's short for Bad Smitty.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines