Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Another week

God the time is flying by! I've been going a little crazy with the pictures and getting them onto flickr. Tonight I finally caught up. Woohoo! You can currently see pictures that I took just a few hours ago. Now I've got to figure out what the heck order I'm going to go in with all the pictures leading up to May of last year. Do I start at the beginning, like when I was born, or the 'beginning' according to when Jacob was born and work forward from there? Do I go back in time, and then have to live with my pictures being in reverse chronological order? I'll figure something out. This is why up until last year I avoided technology at all costs. There is no end to it. Once I figure out my latest 'hobby' and get into a good rythmn with it, something else branches from that and overtakes me completely.

I get into this mode of recording life to the very skeleton of its existence...but I get so busy capturing it that I don't let myself actually experience what's happening
while it's happening. I think by putting it all in a concrete form these moments are being 'saved' for future enjoyment, but really, the savoring is in letting the experience really happen to you, letting it pass through you and enter the cells of your being. I'm having a great time framing the days through the view of a lense, I just need to remember to balance that with the actual living of life.

Speaking of life - it's been happening at an alarming pace. Instead of the little notebook I keep with me at all times, I just now had to go back to all the pictures I took recently to remember what we've been up to. Some of these scribbled notes I'm working from may not have taken place on the day I list them under, but if it happened on one day, it may as well have happened on any day.

Well at this point I'm going to go ahead and post this...continue on for a day-by-day account of life in and around the growing yellow house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines