Thursday, February 22, 2007

I think my three year-old is on hallucinogens


Seriously. We hardly ever watch Bob anymore, but it's like an entire year and a half of viewing nothing else on TV has had some weird psychological effect on Jacob. He freaking lives in what I've come to think of as 'Bobsville'. Bob's not even there, usually just other characters are present or some random scenes are played out. One of his favorites is Spud Stealing Haybales, whereupon Jacob is really just tagging along with Spud (the mischievious scarecrow) while they steal whatever it is in the house that slightly resembles (or not) the shape of a haybale. Jacob gets locked in; running around and yelling at the top of his lungs, and there's nothing you can do to stop him. When I say it's pretty much non-stop these days, I am not exaggerating.

Everytime I turn around he's into something else that ends with further damage to the house. Just today we were all out to pick up the Civic from having an oil change. Zach drove the van home with Jacob in it and I was literally 30 seconds behind them. I walked in the door and rounded the corner to the kitchen. There was Jacob with the scissors cutting up a section of the kitchen floor. He informed me he was preparing it for the new floor to go in. WE'RE NOT GETTING A NEW KITCHEN FLOOR. Now we have to live with it the way it is for the rest of the time we are here. I took the scissors away, and being fed up with finding hiding places for everything, I just gave Jacob a lecture, something appropriate to cut, and then the scissors back. He cut rectangles for a minute but I guess that wasn't challenging enough so he headed right back to the kitchen floor for round two. WTF? Did you not just hear what I said about the floor??


While most of what happens fits the 'destruction' bill, some stuff is just plain disturbing. Yesterday we were sleigh riding again at my mom and Jamie's land (where they are 'soon' going to build a house) and at one point Jacob took off down the hill running as fast as he could, yelling something at the top of his lungs. He wouldn't stop for anything until I finally got up and chased after him. Jacob made it all the way down the big hill and was completely out of breath before I grabbed up his misbehaving butt and hauled him back up the hill. All the while he carried on about having to chase away the birds. Incase you were wondering, there were no birds. Hence the hallucinogen theory.

Later on we headed to the other side of the hill to take a long-awaited gander at the Christmas tree. Jacob had no interest because he was too busy looking for a spot to build, and then proceeding to build, Bob's house (see top right of the photo).

Right now he is going on about something that Bob did (took a piece of wood so they couldn't build or something - as he gets more tired the stories make less sense), running around like a maniac and I Just Can't Take It. Zach's wondering to me now if I think Jacob has a problem, if he is psycho. You tell me.





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines