Monday, February 19, 2007

One trend I hope lives out its life span before Jacob is an adolescent:

Sneaker skating. I had to go to one of the scetchier malls in the area to get a registry gift for a baby shower last week. As I approached the entrance I saw a notice posted to the glass: "No Sneaker Skating Inside the Mall," it read. It took me a good 10 seconds to realize what the sign was talking about and then I remembered the first time I saw one of my nieces cruise past me in the lobby, propelled by the small wheels tucked into the back of her sneakers. I thought of all the pre-teens I see everywhere I go, flying by as if on a giant conveyer belt. I can only imagine, and can hardly remember, what it would be like to be in those adolescent shoes for a day (cheesy pun intended), but somehow I don't really care enough to want it that badly. I just hope they start banning those in other places because it makes me feel old.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines