Thursday, February 15, 2007

White Out

Well, well, so what do you think of all the snow? We got a lot. It snowed for over 24 hours. The college was closed so Zach had the day off. All three of us (and Mango for a while) played in the snow and shoveled for a couple hours.

It was so nice to be able, scratch that, have to stay home for the whole day. It was liked a forced vacation from the real world. If only I could have turned off the computer...After Zach and I got done fighting from being cooped up in the same place all day long (I can't remember the last time we spent a whole day together), I really enjoyed the day. I think the only way I might have had a better time is if I could have just put down the stupid camera for a little while. I was so focused on getting a gazillion pictures of this rare snowfall, plus I was completely preoccupied with not getting the most expensive thing I own wrecked by water damage.

But the fresh air did us all good. We baked a lot, and cooked soup. It didn't occur to me that it was Valentine's Day until late in the afternoon when I was on the phone and trying to come up with the date. What do I care about all that anyway. I did actually get some belated flowers today, but honestly? I'd really rather just have the cash that they're worth, or something that's not fed with pesticides only to have its life cut short to slowly decompose in a vase atop the bookcase. Zach, if you're reading this, I didn't mean that, I'm just being my usual dramatic self.

Haha...something just reminded me of a funny thing that happened last week. On my drive home the sunset was so pretty and it was one of those rare times that I didn't have my camera. So I rushed in the front door, saw Zach asleep (sitting up) on the couch, yelled to wake him and told him to go take care of the bunnies (we were heading out that evening and were going to be in a hurry so that needed doing) before heading back out to the car to drive to a good view. Later that night Zach was telling me about a dream he had where I came in the front door and told him to wake up and take care of the rabbits - I think I'm on to something...

Here's what reminded me: Jacob was talking in his sleep. He's been doing that now. We've all been sleeping weird lately. I think this house is slowly poisoning us, we need some Feng Shui action. While I think dreaming is a healthy way to sort out life experiences, it seems that talking in your sleep is evidence of stress. And the fact that Jacob has been doing it makes me a little nervous. At least the other day he was laughing in his sleep - could there be anything cuter?

Zach is a notorious sleep-talker. Since I've known him he's been that way. And I'm not talking a word here or there; we have ENTIRE conversations. I can understand everything he's saying, but none of it ever makes sense. He eventually gets angry with me for asking too many questions (ironically, a scenarior that plays out in real life too) and the fun is over, but I swear, if I could just make it last a little longer I think I could get to the bottom of this person I am married to. Me, the non-sleeper, and him the angry sleeper. Jacob's just got a really messed up sleep pattern; we have a pretty good chance of our next kid being a sleep-walker, wouldn't you think?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines