Monday, February 12, 2007

Q-tips

This morning I noticed that the little cup we keep Q-tips in was empty. It's in the downstairs bathroom and the big box of Q-tips is in the 'linen closet', which is to say on the open shelves in Jacob's room upstairs (due to the reconstruction of the upstairs bathroom). I made a mental note to remember to grab a handful from the upstairs to refill the cup, but I hadn't gotten around to it by late tonight when I was on my way to the bathroom for one. I was about to turn around when I noticed that the cup was stocked full. I am most likely losing my mind a little more each day, but I knew that I didn't put them there. And you know how husbands are no good at changing the roll of toilet paper. There was only one person left who it could have been.

Jacob. He noticed that the Q-tip cup was empty, climbed the stairs, retrieved 'two handfuls' (in his own words) of Q-tips and returning to the bathroom, put them in their proper place. And I had no idea. He is just so damn reliable it's scary. First of all, it freaks me out that things show up in random places all the time now because that means I no longer have complete control of the household, but also it makes me wonder what kind of monster I have created. One thing's for sure though, he's going to marry well. What woman wouldn't want a man who cleans up after himself and refills the things of the house without being told to do so?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines