Monday, April 09, 2007

And they're off...

My mom and Jamie left today for their big trip. It was pretty hard on me and Jakie. We brought them to the train station to see them off. It was bad enough when they boarded the train, but Jacob wanted to stay to see the train leave the station. Just after my mom and Jamie left the upper level get down to the train, a lady nearby started talking to me. She liked the pictures I was taking of Jacob (you can actually see them in the second picture, on the escalator, level with Jacob's elbow)...then she asked, "Your parents?" I told her yes, and hoped she didn't inquire more. "Where are they from?" she followed with. "Oh, um, here, actually." I admitted. I think she felt more badly for me after that. Not only was I crying and upset, but I was crazy too. I'm an adult and have a family of my own. What can I say, we are really attached. Truth be told, it's not the three weeks that they'll be gone which I am so torn-up about, it's the goodbye itself. I'm programmed from a young age to treat each goodbye like it could be my last. I can do this though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines