Saturday, April 14, 2007

Assembly Required

So here you can see the digger came. Holy freaking fast! It wasn't even on my mind yet that it might be coming soon.

I came home from a playgroup mid-afternoon last Wednesday and there it was off to the left of the front door. I had to play it cool and not get excited. I simply ushered Jacob through the door and got us both settled. Then, when he was occupied, I called Zach at work to tell him. We were both so excited, that he just rushed home so we could open it and let Jacob play with it.


I don't know what we were thinking - that it would come fully assembled - but Zach carted it in the house and we set to opening it without a thought. At some point halfway through opening the box, one of us asked aloud, "Should we put it together first?"

"I don't know, I guess I didn't think about it not being assembled already." the other one of us mumbled.



Jacob was obviously fully aware at this point that something was happening so we couldn't stop then. Zach pulled all the pieces out of the box and Jacob just kinf of stared at them. He didn't realize what it was til Zach flipped the box over, exposing the picture of the digger is it's full glory. Jacob just kind of sat there in awe, I think. It's just a little ironic though, because I've finally settled on borrowing my sister's giant hunk of video camera and was at the ready with the record button. I had it all planned out to capture the excitement. But there really wasn't that much fuss.

"That's ok." Zach and I agreed, "Jacob loves putting stuff together. It will make it more special that he got to help." And I think it really didn't make much difference anyway. He loves it just as much. So far he's just been riding it around the house a lot. I happen to fall within the weight limit of the thing, so I've been having a pretty good time with it too! You're not going to see a picture of that though...


This is it almost fully assembled. The back digger part
still had to go on at this point. It's on now though and
Jacob's been learning how to manipulate all the functions.
One of these days, if it EVER stops snowing, I hope to
actually bring it outside! Zach said tomorrow night
during the show load-out we can bring it in and Jacob
can go to town in the sand pit. If that happens, I'll
definitely take pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines