Friday, July 20, 2007

The coolest picture I have ever taken and the link that will make you say, "Oh Lord."

OK, so I'm into taking reflection pictures a lot lately, perhaps you've noticed on my flickr page? Well I didn't even mean to do this one. I was just getting in tight for a close-up and I didn't even notice the effect until I uploaded it. If I have ever taken a picture that is considered *art*, this is it because it delivers a message. OK, OK, I've been having a lot of poetry, and 'art in general' conversations lately so I guess what I need to do is not tell you all why I think it's so cool and what it symbolizes to me, but God dammit, please comment and tell me what you think about its message.

I'm pretty sure it's ok to post a random link belonging to someone else...it's all public and I'm only saying good things about it. You know, so I was playing around on flickr the night of the unexpected internet and somehow made my way to this woman's photos. Oh Lord. I need to get a macro lens. They are stunning, frightening, spectacular and revolting all at once! Here is the link to the set that caught my eye, but of course all her pictures are fabulous.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coyote/sets/40617/

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

definitely an excellent picture.

I see the interconnectedness of humans and non-humans.

I also see perhaps a nod to the idea of evolution.

You could also say that this picture either emphasizes the human nature of the chimpanzee or the animalistic nature of the human.

You cannot, however, overlook the presence of the camera in the picture. In this picture, technology is in the hands of the human, not the chimpanzee...

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger xmas said...

Yeah, isn't that cool?! All that in one picture I didn't mean to take. I don't think I could have gotten all that if I had been 'trying'. And is the humans' technology overshadowing, or pushing out the chimp?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines