Friday, December 07, 2007

Found:

In the couch. Not lost and found because no one had any idea any of this crap was missing. But I was having a cleaning fit last weekend and for some reason had to look under one of the couch cushions to retrieve something that had fallen beneath the cracks. I didn't take a picture of the crumbs that collectively could have fed a small country; nor did I take a picture of the huge amounts of dog hair that was in there, cuz I didn't want to make you all puke like I almost did, but believe me, there was enough to knit a sweater. That would be one nasty sweater. I did take a picture of the rest of the treasures though.

Back left: One of Jacob's tape measures.

Back right: One of Jacob's many golf balls. I believe this particular one made it's way in between the couch cushions because it was playing the part of bird egg and that's where the mama bird decided to lay her eggs.

Front left: Tiny part of a real (copper?) pipe that Jacob carries around in his toolbox. Just one of the many 'authentic' doo-dads he's got in there.

Front left: That's Kara's baby. Kara is a cow, the same kind of cow as this one, but bigger, hence the fact that Kara is the mama. This one is actually my fault. I had totally forgotten about it, but right after I saved it from the depths of the couch, the memory came flooding back. One wretched day, many months ago, Mange chewed it. Right in front of us. She did it on purpose (this I know) to make a point. We were on the couch, ignoring her, and she got all, "Yeah? Well ignore this bitch!" I saw it before Jacob did and was able to grab it up without him even noticing. Since we were sitting on the couch and I had nothing else to conceal it with, I quickly stuffed it beneath the couch cushions so Jacob wouldn't see and be crushed that Mango ate Kara's baby. Kara, by the way, is a real cow that Jacob got to milk (well the plastic one is a Kara replica) when he was two, so it was a particularly horrid crime against humanity.

Here she is up close, in all her three-legged, faceless, gory mangled-ness.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines