Friday, January 11, 2008

Baby Dreams and Ice Cream

In the last week I've started to feel the baby move. It's freaky. This is a little sooner than I felt it with Jacob. I'm also having a lot of baby dreams. I've been dreaming about the sex of the baby a little, but last week was the most vivid of the dreams. In the dream I'd had the technician write down the baby's sex on a piece of paper so that I could look at it later if I wanted to. I did finally look at it one day and it said I was having a boy, and I felt disappointed (in the dream, this is). I feel bad that I was disappointed in the dream, but better in my dream than in real life I guess.

Zach and I hold the stance that we do not find out the sex of our babies. We like to be traditional in that way since it seems like there are so few people who choose to be surprised anymore. Most people just ask me if I know yet what the sex is, rather than asking if I will be finding out. But I am tempted this time.

The scenario with the technician is actually pretty close to what I think will end up happening in reality. I think I might just have her write it down incase I decide I want to find out. A friend told me today that is exactly what she did. Her husband looked at it and she did not. I told her that I was surprised she could manage the temptation and she told me a little trick. She said to put the piece of paper in a baggie, seal it up and then freeze it in a container of water. That way if you decide you want to know you have to at least wait the few hours for it to thaw and perhaps in the meantime your moment of temptation will pass. I think that is hilarious, I mean a perfect idea! Beckie chimed in that she's heard of people doing that with their credit cards to eliminate the possibility of impulse purchases. That's gotta be the best thought-up thing since sliced bread.

Anyway, the ice cream thing has nothing to do with any of the baby stuff, except for the fact that it rhymes. Jacob got one of those ice cream makers that is like a big ball and you roll it around for 30 minutes and then you have ice cream. It was freakin awesome! I mean if you just want ice cream please just go to the store and get it, but if you want the experience of making ice cream and working for your pleasure, the half an hour was definitely worth it. It was like Breyers, that natural taste, you know? Oh, and I cannot WAIT to get the Girl Scout cookies we just ordered (they won't come until the end of February) because I am going to make some Thin Mint ice cream...and I swear that will be the highlight of my month!


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

well, you could always go all fatal attraction on that frozen baggie...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines