Wednesday, January 02, 2008

My first complaint of the new year

It's a superficial one: I hate the way I look. This is the phase of pregnancy that I dislike the most (and it's supposed to be the one that is a breeze) because I'm clearly packing on the weight, but I don't quite look pregnant to everyone yet. This is my second, so you're supposed to pop out sooner and I thought that it was becoming obvious but when we went skating the other day and I was super, super self-conscious I asked my sister if I looked pregnant or just fat. "You look normal," she said. Noooo. That's not what I want to hear. Then, the next day I ran into a cousin whom I haven't seen since I was closer to 'skinny' than 'fat. Surely she would be able to tell. But when I told her that I'm pregnant, she exclaimed, "Oh! You don't even look it!" Great. I just look fat. I have a (rational) fear of getting fat, so I am going to have to hide out at home for the next couple months until people can start to tell for sure. It's like a catch 22 though because everyone knows the rule about never ever asking a woman when she is due, or if she's having a boy or girl just because her stomach is round....you have to have clear evidence that she is actually pregnant before you go saying something like that. So no one is just going to ask me, they're going to think poor fat girl. I wish I could just wear a sign.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Well, you could just get one of those shirts that says, "one in the oven" with an arrow pointing down...

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger xmas said...

or I could, you know...not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines