Friday, December 21, 2007

The Heartbeat

In the period of first trimester fatigue I started and stopped about a dozen posts without posting them. I would get too tired to finish and never go back to them. But now I am remembering and I guess I'll go ahead and post a few of them. This one is from just a couple weeks ago - December 7th.
---------------------------------
Friday was my 12 week check-up at the doctor's office. The boys came with me because they were eager to hear the heart beat, and after about five minutes of trying, the doctor finally got it. You know, it was cool I guess. I'm surprisingly not very sentimental about that kind of thing. I remember when I was pregnant with Jacob and we first heard it, Zach cried...hehe.

Jacob also has his four-year visit today. All is good. He is 38 3/4 inches tall and 35 pounds. I'm writing it here so I'll remember when someone asks me in the future because I can't remember the last time I wrote in his baby book. It's the first time since Jacob was an infant that his height and weight are even on the charts! At this rate it will only be two more years in a car seat....woohoo! Then he can ride in a booster seat until he's 16. I wonder if he'll even weigh enough to ride in the front seat when he's old enough to get a driver's license.

After the check-ups, I had to go around the corner to get some blood work done. I do not like this. But I am a hell of a lot better than Zach. He is a baby, and he wasn't even getting his blood drawn! At the mere thought of it Zach squirmed his body all around and looked like he was going to gag. You know how you get when someone scratches their nails down a chalkboard...thinking about getting blood drawn is like that for us. But at least I can suck it up when put to the challenge. I dared Zach to stay and watch, but there's no money in the world that could have convinced him.

I spent the car ride home talking about getting my blood drawn and getting Jacob to talk about what it looked like. I would roll up my sleeve and stick my veins in his face whenever I got the chance. We almost crashed a few times but it was so worth it to see the pained looks on Zach's face when he couldn't run away.

After the doctor's office we drove to a local garden center to check out the artificial Christmas trees....and you know what happened after that.
------------------------

I got my bloodwork results back last week. My thyroid is low, my vitamin D is very low and I'm anemic. That could explain some things...

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Congratulations!! I'm sorry you're physically unwell and I hope you're able to rectify those problems soon. Otherwise, it's good to see your news, and good to see your family growing - Jacob too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines