Saturday, May 24, 2008

She's something else

The phone rang a little while ago. Jacob answered it. From his end of the conversation I could tell it was someone calling to ask about the baby status. Yup, those calls are starting to happen. Or maybe it's not the actual purpose of the call, but it's the first thing the caller wants to know when we answer.

Anyway, it was Stella. "Did you git your baby?" She quipped.

"What?"

"Did you go git your baby?"

"Huh?"

"I saw you go out late the other night in the green car. I said to myself I bet they're going to git the baby!" I guess she thought I was in labor and that we were headed to the hospital to 'get the baby'. So, what...we go to the hospital to meet the stork who presents us with our new child? Just like that?

She'd been spying on us again and saw the car leave late one night, but she can't remember what night and didn't know exactly what time it was. The best I can figure is it was the night (Monday?) that I sent Zach out to get fudgsicles. He must have taken the Civic for some reason. Either that or Stella is hallucinating.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines