Thursday, July 10, 2008

Who Knew?

While I was still pregnant I was always rounding up when people asked just how pregnant I was. I was really big and so it made me feel better to fib about the number or be vague about my due date. Now that the baby is here and all I find myself rounding down her age. I took her to a few different public places today and over a dozen women oohed and ahhed over her throughout the day. Then they asked how old she is. And I told them "just two weeks" when in reality she's almost three.

I don't know, there's something magical to people about a teensy newborn. It's like when they get old enough there's nothing special about them anymore. And I was really enjoying the attention from people today. Plus people are like, "Oh my gosh you just had a baby?!" And that makes me feel good because I always wanted to be one of those women who bounced back from having a baby in a day or two. For God's sake it took me longer to recover from having my wisdom teeth out than giving birth au natural.

So if I wanted to be as pregnant as possible while I was still carrying the baby, and now I want her to be as young as possible I guess being right smack in the middle of giving birth is the magic number.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines