Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Camp Pictures

Monday:

There were mushrooms everywhere from all
the rain. I took a lot of pictures of them,
I just like mushrooms that way.

We took the row boat out the the island so Jacob
and Mango could run around on the sandbar.


It was Sabine's first boat ride. She enjoyed it, and then
gave me a nice big yawn. Yes, that's still thrush on her
tongue. We both started treatment again on Monday...
and so resumes the projectile vomit that the doctor's
office told me was not related to the Nystatin. Yeah. OK.


Tuesday:

Without Zach there to get up with the 'early riser',
I was forced to make it an early morning with a full
pot of coffee. There was plenty of time to take pictures
of the sunrise.

I saved this cool looking (zoom in) bug from the waterbottle.

Sabine had a little photo shoot while my mom held her...


And then I gave her a bath, a mohawk, then took
a picture. She looks like she's about to pop me one!

And Jacob fell asleep on the couch.

Wednesday: Apparently I was too tired from being a single parent for three days at this point to even lift the camera to take pictures...

Thursday:

This is how she wakes up. I call her Sabine Smiles.
She wakes up happy and EARLY. I must suppress
this trait of hers.

Jacob may hate me now that he's no longer my
one and only, but he certainly loves the baby.

I took a picture of a Blue Heron.
(Mom, did I spell that right?)

And a Bald Eagle!


Thursday: My son proved just how deep his love for Bob the Builder runs.

Jacob pooped his pants and it was so nasty
I told him we had to throw the underwear out.
It was Bob the Builder so he protested. I told
him, "Fine, you clean it then." And he did.

We mostly pittered the day away waiting for the
rest of the gang to arrive (even though it was a
surprise to Jacob). Then the cavalry arrived and
all was right in the world again.


Saturday:

We picked berries all week long.

Marisa and Jacob played really well together
with the second-generation camp toys.

They played together in the water.

And had a good time at the county fair on the
rides and visiting with all the animals.


Sunday:

We all took one last ride out to the island before
leaving later that afternoon.

My sister's smelly, bug-eyed dog, Benny, came
with us. He freaked out around the water.


The kids had another excuse to strip down.

And just like all those before her, Sabine got
her first bath in the Camp sink.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines