Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Olympics Anonymous

This is a little late now, but I did start the post while the Olympics were still on. And actually, the fact that I haven't posted much lately is due in part to the Olympics being televised into the wee hours of the morning (also due in part to the one-handed nature of my typing these days, as the only computer time I get is when I'm nursing the baby).

Anyway, didn't you sort of feel like you were addicted to the Olympics? Or that you spent all day looking forward to settling down on the couch at night to watch them? And did you fall asleep on the couch at midnight only to wake up every 30 minutes or so and try to stay awake to watch until it went off at 3am? No? Well that's what it was like at our house. It also stayed really messy in our house, to-do lists were thrown out the window and our kid didn't go to sleep until midnight because we really wanted him to experience then Olympics, after all someday he'll be an Olympic gymnast...hehe.

I did talk to a lot of other people who seemed to be as addicted as us, and then some who were not. It seemed like for two and a half weeks the country could be divided into two kinds of people: Those who watched the Olympics round the clock and those who couldn't care less.

Now that it's over I'm a little sad but I've just discovered the video clips on nbc.com and that's helping me with my withdrawal...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger emmay said...

TiVo baby, TiVo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines