Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's 8am and I'm on my third change of clothes.

Every once in a while the exhaustion catches up to me and I have a night where I just completely crash. That was last night. Around 9 I started to loose all ability to function in an upright position. I crashed on the couch and that's where me and Beans (yes Mother, Beans and I) spent the whole night. So much for sleep hygiene.

We woke up a few times through the night but each time I was still too tired to get up and get us to an actual bed. So at just past 7am I woke for good and found a huge, round wet spot on my left quad. Luckily for the couch, all of her pee was on my leg. She must have had her little toosh hoisted up on me through the night. So I took her diaper off, tossed it and it landed by the basement door with a big thud. I briefly tried to get her too pee over the toilet (yes, I'm still trying the diaper-free approach - with little luck) then grabbed a diaper to head upstairs.

Just before we got to the staircase, Beans let loose with the poop. She got my pants, shirt, foot and the floor. "Zach! I need your help!" I yelled as I waddled up the stairs. He met me at the top, took her under the arms and I wiped her toosh. Then I headed to the bathroom to figure out how to get out of the poopy clothes without smearing it all over my face. While I was doing that, I head Zach yell. She'd peed on the bed (which, by the way, we just changed yesterday. "I don't care, leave it." I instructed when I came back into the room. At this point Zach was in his second shirt because she'd spit up all over him while I was changing.

We both headed to the bathroom where I prepared the bath for Sabine, and Zach sat down to remove her cruddy clothes. Then she peed on his lap and all over the clean bathmat. Next was into the bath where she made a whole lot of "bubbles" under the water and we both thought wouldn't that just top the cake if she had a blowout in the bathtub! It was just air though.

I should have known the 'air' usually leads to something else because as I was sitting on the floor toweling her off, she had another blowout. This time she got the clean towel, my second set of clothes and the bathmat (which I'd been considering to just let the pee dry and leave it as is).

So if you'll excuse me now I must attend to the growing mound of poop-covered laundry that has accumulated in the basement...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew. I'd laugh, but stories like that always hit a bit too close too home. Hope the rest of your day was not so messy!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger emmay said...

Okay, I'll laugh then. Cause I cant help it. It reminds me of the first time Mark changed a diaper. Amelia was still in he NICU. She kept having blowouts and peeing and he went through 4 diapers by the time he was done. Since she was still hooked up to all kinds of equipment. she couldn't go far, so the mess was contained And I think the nurses were laughing for days.
It gets better...it really does!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines