Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Pilgrims Came and other Thanksgiving Notables

At Playschool last week we had our Thanksgiving Feast. A couple of the local pilgrims heard about it and stopped by to see how it compared to theirs. Here they are in action - making applesauce, butter and potatoes with the kids, reading to them and feasting.

Better known to some of you as
Jacob's grandparents.


We also had friends over to make these cute turkey cookies.


Gobble, gobble!


Then there was the real baking. I made a pecan pie for Thursday, and Jacob helped me to make more applesauce and butter. I had no idea how easy it is to make butter. I think we might do this all the time now.

We went to Zach's dad's for Thanksgiving dinner. Chris does a fantastic job with the dinner! We actually got there on time this year, and before most other people so I wanted to take some pictures since we all looked clean and you know, it was the first special occasion where I wore normal clothes, rather than maternity clothes. Zach was more interested in the game on TV and Jacob decided to act like a lunatic, so this is all I got.

Here he is about the run in front of the camera - on purpose.

And here's the best I could do to crop his head out
after he tried to run in front of the camera - again.

There's also a series of photos where I tried to get myself, Jacob and Sabine in a picture together. This was actually before the pictures of just me and Beanie. There's Jacob making a face, Jacob with his mouth open revealing the bite he was chewing, Jacob making another face, Jacob sticking his hands in our faces, then the last one he actually looks normal in but I'm looking to the side mid-yell telling him to stop. I look pretty awful in all of them so they're not getting posted. I gave up on Jacob being in them and then we went for the picture with just the girls but of course Lunatic kept bouncing around the room and getting in the way.

Then the rest of the family showed up. For a long time Jacob was the only kid on this side of the family. Then last year there was another baby, who's now a toddler, and this year two more babies, born four days apart.


Then there was the annual 4-generation photo. This is the sixth year we've taken this photo. I think it's pretty cool to have them documented like that. I'm not sure what Zach is doing holding Jacob like that. He's probably giving him a major wedgie, and Jacob looks totally goofy just dangling there. I kept telling Zach to put him down and let him stand like a normal person. He wasn't listening though. Maybe I can try to crop it so just their heads are in it.


I think I've decided Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines