Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Road Trip '09

Two years ago we took a cross country trip in an RV. Remember? We decided that is our travel personality. No Disney World for us. I have no desire to ever go back to Disney World. We just want to travel around to all the places we've never been (where we can get to by car) and see what there is to see. So last year when we found out about a friend of Zach's who is getting married in Virginia, we started gearing up for Road Trip '09!!

I am so excited to get out of here! I could cry at the prospect of shedding behind the day-to-day monotony. I've been saving money for months on end and started packing last week. I've been making lists and plans and trying to work out the details. But I'm also excited about not knowing where we'll end up. I just want to be prepared enough to get out the door and the rest I don't care about. The wedding is on July 11th so we'll be heading out on the 6th. Our first stop will be a place I read about, Dutch Wonderland, in Lancaster, PA. It's some kind of eco fun park.

More details to come, and I'll be sure to update while we're away because we'll be in hotels (no RV this time - we'll miss that aspect) and with no housework to attend to I'll surely have more time for the computer. Plus, my mom and Jamie are coming with us. They'll watch the kids while we're at the wedding. I'm am so stoked that they're game for a trip like this! Plus it makes it a 2:1 adult-kid ratio so that will make for easier traveling.

Come back soon to see where we are...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines