Wednesday, June 10, 2009

There comes a time in your child's life....

....when you have to stop blogging about the embarrassing things that happen to them. You have to look deep inside yourself and decide that telling a good story is not worth the future humiliation that they may feel from finding out their lives have been on display for the whole world to read about. It is with this in mind that I that say the following - that time has not yet come!

And thank God Jacob finds it funny and doesn't care who I tell because this is just too gross to keep inside. So I am breaking my 2 1/2 week non-blogging streak (the longest ever - I just needed a break) to tell you this brief story.

Over the weekend Jacob was running around naked, like he often does. He had made a tunnel and was squatting down to crawl under it and, you know, accidentally pooped on the deck. Puts whole new meaning to the term 'poop deck'. I wasn't there to witness it, and actually didn't believe the 'accidental' nature of the whole incident, but Zach tells me he thinks it was truly unexpected.

So Zach started freaking out because he can't take things like that. "Pookie, you gotta get out here, I can't take this!" So I went out to see what was up and there were a couple of big chunks. I ran into the house to get a handful of kleenex and when I came back out Mango was standing over where the pile had been licking her lips. Needless to say, we've all had trouble stomaching our meals and Zach no longer lets Mango lick his face.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger emmay said...

When I was a kid we'd come home from school to find our dog had taken a dump and then eaten most of it. But I don't ever recall her eating our poop. But I don't recall pooping on the floor either. And I'm with Zach. Next time I come to your house, that dog is NOT licking me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines