Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fun in the snow

Jacob keeps asking me when it's going to be spring. I tell him that it's already happening bit by bit, and that one day we'll realize that it never snowed again and winter feels like it was a long time ago. Then it will be spring.

It was a good, long winter full of activities and here's to hoping it's on its way out!

Getting ready for winter - pulling the
snowsuits out and trying them on. I
think this one is too big!

Toasting a Happy New/Noon Year with good
friends and 'champagne' in fun martini glasses

Saying goodbye to the Christmas season with
the exiting of the lighted deer.

Sabine stayed obsessed with these deer all day,
every day while they were on the front lawn.

Having them in the house where she could
touch them was like Christmas all over again!

Sleigh riding at Jessica's
Nice, big entrance ramp!

This was actually the only time we got out sleigh
riding this year. Good thing I took pictures.

Jacob actually got out cross-country skiing a lot
this year, that is one thing I sadly don't have any
pictures of.

Being daring in jammies and rubber boots
on the night of one of the first snow falls.

Pond skating: Check

Lastly, just some all-around good, clean fun in the snow.



Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Wait..."sleigh" riding? I don't see any pictures of sleighs.

Also, I thought that spring began at the Equinox. Which is like...tomorrow for what it's worth.

By the way, Sabine is starting to look exactly like a little version of you!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger xmas said...

There's one right there behind Sabine in that first picture of the 'sleigh' riding.

I'm love hearing that Sabine looks like me! Maybe I should have just put a picture of her up for Doppelganger week.

Have to go check on what I wrote about 'spring' and see why you are complaining...

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger xmas said...

OK, so I see you didn't think I was actually confused about the start of spring, you're just offering a technical explanation to Jacob. Well I thought my explanation to him was more 'poetic' in nature. And anyway, I did tell him that it officially begins on a certain date, but that it doesn't happen all at once.

When you're talking to kids Jacob's age, you have to remember that they still think in black and white, so if I were to only tell him that it starts this weekend, then he would expect to wake up to spring all at once. Which, ironically, is sort of what has happened this week anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines