Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Haircutting Incident

I've been promising for a couple weeks that I would post these pictures of Sabine's very first self-inflicted hair cut.  The pictures actually don't do justice to her non-talent in the hair-cutting department.  It's just sort of looks like normal bangs.  They're not though; all those 'bangs' are the top part of what was Sabine's right braid when she took the scissors to her hair.  

This all happened because I tried to take a shower without locking her in the bathroom with me.  Silly Mommy, wanting time to yourself!  Jacob was nearby doing crafts at the table when Sabine cut her hair, and he's actually the one who alerted me to the fact that it was taking place.  So it's a toss-up as to whether or not I think he had anything to do with it.  Sabine definitely did it herself, I'm just not sure who originally thought up the idea.  But I'm trying to repress that idea because I wouldn't be able to live with Jacob if this was his doing.
Yeah, so anyway, she had braids in, and I didn't think there was that much damage, until we were getting her ready for bed that night.  She wanted her braids taken out; but literally, they came right out when I went to undo them.  The pictures of just hair below are her right (the bigger one) and left braids.  I held one to show the size, but the actual measurement was eight inches at the longest.

I took Sabine to get her hair 'fixed' at the salon, and so now she has official bangs, which I think are hard to pull off on a curly head of hair.  Zach and I don't like the bangs, so I try to pin them back and then do something else with the rest of her hair.  I part it on the left to even out the thinness of the right side. I can get it looking decent, it's just more involved now than simply brushing it.  Wait till summer comes though.  One word:  Humidity.
The pictures on the bottom with Ginger have nothing to do with her hair, they're just cute pictures where you can see the bangs, and I didn't have another place for them.

But I realize this is all relative, and in the scheme of things, it could be worse.  At least she's healthy.  And still cute.
 




Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Jenny said...

It must be a compliment to your hair-styling abilities, but I don't think she looks all that bad. The handfuls of hair do look kind of awful though. She looks so grown-up too in those pictures, maybe it's the bangs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines