Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Weekend

Saturday we had a doggie reunion of sorts. Lucy, who drove all 75 cats and dogs up here from Lousianna last May, is moving down there. She was in town for the weekend so Melinda (owner of the house and farm which served as the destination for the tiny camper full of animals) hosted a little party. Some guests, including my family, brought along the dogs. It was a romping good time and everyone enjoyed seeing Mango (mostly) grown up and Ginger all healthy. I tried to capture the chaos of the evening on my camera, and we had our first ever 'family photo'; all of us together with the dogs.




This was probably the night I was reading a Busytown book to Jacob and was struck by the last page where the pigs are having a cookout. They are eating hot dogs. I am the only one disturbed by that image?

Well as you can see from the top picture, our darling puppy seems to be in much less pain. That's her butt staring back at you in the picture. I've stopped giving her the pain pills because she doesn't seem to need them at all, and she's going back to the vet on Saturday. We're thinking now that what the vet said when we had the lyme disease test might be the case (it's that word that I couldn't spell) - inflamation of the bone marrow..but then I think that our vet and the other
vet are both right in a way...right?

Well Sunday was the first weekend day in quite a few weekends that I did not have to be at a birthday party. That was refreshing. It was also conveniently the day that Jacob's swimming lessons started back up. He really loves going there, which is such a surprise to me. Later at home I caught him covering his arms with stamps from a butterfly stamper that he'd snuck out of a drawer. When asked what he was doing, Jacob explained that he didn't get a stamp at gymnastics (which is what they did at the end). I think he meant he didn't get one at the end of swimming, and was comparing that to the experience of being at gymnastics. His unconscious desire to return to gymnastics surfaced and I leaped at my chance. Jacob said that he did indeed want to go back to gymnastics (and I don't care if it's just to get a stamp) so I called the next day, but they didn't answer (which they never do) and I won't leave a message because the machine plays so that everyone there can hear what the caller is saying as she's leaving a message. I've been meaning to get on their website all week, but when I'm at the computer, there are those darn pictures again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines