Saturday, February 24, 2007

Revisiting Gymnastics

It was great the other day. I tried my hardest to get Jacob to take a nap because we're going to the 4:30 class and there's no way he would stay awake for that car ride without a nap. He didn't take one - until we were five minutes away from gymnastics. We were already running late, and with a sleeping Jacob in Zach's arms as we approached the entrance, we thought there was no chance it could go well. However, when we got inside, started to rouse Jacob and remove his many layers, he came to life. He got down on the floor, took the hand of the instructor (whom he had never even met) and didn't look back.

Jacob had a blast, and Zach and I were overjoyed that he was liking it. I know we looked like complete fools just doting on Jacob, all the time giants grins on our faces. I bet other parents laugh at us and say, "Oh boy, look at those two. You can tell they only have one kid." I wanted to go over to Jacob to help everytime they took a water break. I wanted to high-five him whenever he did something cool. I've got to keep my cool this time around though.

I think gymnastics means so much to us because it's practically the only thing parenting we agreed on from the start and without an argument, or many hours of my convincing Zach it will be a good thing. I'm actually really surprised that Zach is so into something I would have thought he's define as a girls' thing. Anyway, it was cheaper to sign Jacob up for the next two sessions at once, so we did. That was risky, but we're really keeping our fingers crossed....







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines