Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Oh to have a vat of sparkles...

Me and Jakie headed out early today for some long-put-off errands at the mall. First on the adgenda was Libby Lu. I've been dying for an excuse to buy something there. It's like the inside a freaking Barbie castle, or what I imagine one to be like. It's all pink and fluff, frills and sparkles; all that represents complete frivolity and shoots straight to the heart of the American Way. The main attraction for me is the giant vat of sparkles when you first walk in. I would just like a little bag of them, just to have and to hold and look at from time to time. I told Danielle later that I realized it's not that I want to have a little girl, but that I want to be a little girl.

It was too much being in there, I couldn't choose between the shirt that read: "J is for Princess" (they come in all 26 to suit your little princess, whatever her name may be), the flowy chiffon scarves, or the pump-your-own bottles of lotion. Ultimately I decided that if I was having that much fun deciding what to get for someone else, then who was I to take that joy away from a little girl. A gift card may sound like a cop-out, but in this case it was hard to leave with nothing to show for my foray into the land of pink. Well, I did get a little sample of Hannah Montana perfume that I am keeping for my very own.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines