Monday, April 23, 2007

The most crazy 'Responsible Kid' I know

I left Zach and Jacob upstairs a long time ago so they could go to bed and I could sit in the cool basement (the first time in months I'm actually glad it's cold down here) and hang out with the bunnies. Fast forward at least a half an hour and I hear thumping all over the place upstairs. I know it's Jacob, it's much too deliberate sounding to be the dogs banging around, I just don't know what he's up to.

I caught him trying to squeeze an overfilled queen size down blanket out of his room into the hallway, with the intent of dragging it down the stairs. "I'm gonna sleep on the couch cuz Daddy's breath smells!" is his excuse. So he had packed up the blanket with a pillow, Little Bear, Baby Tigger, two smaller blankets and then there was something random like a pot from his play kitchen that must have gotten in there by accident, oh, and a towel. "Why the towel, babe?" I ask. "Incase I leak through!" he whined. Of course. I should have known. He really had all the bases covered. Incase his diaper leaks through, like it's been doing at night, then there is a towel under him to catch the pee.

I decided right then that if he was going to be that responsible about it, then I was going to let him sleep on the couch. I had planned to demand he get right back to the bed, but it was just too cute. Of course, that was like an hour ago and right now Jacob is still awake and eating his 3rd dinner of the night in the kitchen above me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines