Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wednesday

Jacob got to bed on time last night, but I was up til 5am. Not sure why I feel the need to do that to myself about once a week. I was exhausted but I just didn't want to go to sleep, I wanted to stay up and tool around on the computer. Gee, that's a familiar scenario. I wonder where Jacob got this weird personality trait that he never wants to sleep. So I was the one sleeping in this morning. Jacob woke me sometime around 8:30. He was so cute and sweet, "Let's go downstairs now Mommy. You open this shade and I'll open that one."

We did our usual slow-to-wake morning stuff and then got ready to go to an area town park that has the best playground in the area and a bike path. My sister's on her honeymoon so Marisa is staying with my mom and Jamie this week. We've done something with them everyday this week. So they picked us up here and we adults rode the bikes while I toted the kids in a bike trailer on the back of mine. It was a fantastic day and the only thing that could have made it better was if I hadn't forgotten my camera. I was so pissed because I've been good about saving it for important stuff and not taking it with me everywhere. The whole time I kept pointing out all the different things I would have been taking pictures of, but never did I want it more badly than when Jamie fell off his bike. We ended up in this sandy/cement dust kind of place dirt bikes must frequent. It was all hilly and choppy and generally hard to navigate on the soft surface with a road bike. The kids were marching around actually believing that we were in the 'deserd', as Marisa kept calling it. Jamie went to follow them, and instead of just hooving it like my mom and I recommended, he insisted he could ride. We watched him go down in slow motion and all the while I was just dying to take a picture.

Later on in the day was gymnastics, and on the way there Jacob fell asleep in the car. I eventually was able to wake him but he missed half the class. Nap, no nap, there's always a downside. Bedtime wasn't so bad tonight, but it happened over an hour later than it was supposed to. How is it that everytime we try to enact a bedtime, within days it has stretched well past what is possible?

Anyway, it's 1am. I'm think I'm packing it in for the night. Zach is still up finishing the walls. He's been sheetrocking since Sunday and he's bound and determined to get it done tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines